Time is Limited - Act Now
Types of alleged nursing home abuse injuries most reported by the families of victims
According to the National Council on Aging, nearly five million older Americans experience physical nursing home injuries every year, plus almost $36.5 billion in losses by victims of financial abuse.
According to the National Council on Aging, types of nursing home injuries may include:
- Confinement. Any restraint and/or isolation of a nursing home resident, other than for an acceptable medical treatment
- Emotional abuse. Any verbal assault, the threat of abuse, harassment, or intimidation directed toward a nursing home resident
- Financial exploitation. The misuse or withholding of a nursing home resident’s resources
- Passive neglect. The failure to provide a nursing home resident with the necessities of life—such as acceptable food, clothing, shelter, or medical care
- Physical abuse. The intentional infliction of physical pain or injury upon a nursing home resident
- Sexual abuse. Any unwanted sexual activity with a nursing home resident, when the older adult is unable or unwilling to give consent
- Willful deprivation. Exposing a nursing home resident to physical, mental, or emotional harm by denying that person medical care, shelter, food, or other physical assistance
The main risks for elder abuse are social isolation; lack of access to support and resources; and physical, mental, or emotional dependence–NCEA also reports high levels of institutional abuse.
The Shield Justice Team urges victims of alleged nursing home abuse to get a free, private case evaluation.
More statistics on alleged nursing home abuse reported by the families of victims
According to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), a recent systematic review of self-reports found that 33% of residents reported psychological abuse, 14% reported physical abuse, and 11% reported neglect with an estimated 24 undetected abuse cases for every single reported incident.
Some additional specific numbers may draw more attention to the problem.
- Adults older than 60 years of age suffer the greatest number of fatal falls.
- Even as late as December 2020, 20.6% of nursing homes reported shortages of certified nurse aides
- Nursing homes recorded a high number of non-Covid-19 deaths during the pandemic—at least 40,000 excess deaths from nursing home injuries
The statute of limitations is the legal term for the deadline to file a case–statutes of limitation and compensation available in nursing home cases vary from one to six years, depending on the state.
Successful nursing home injury lawsuits usually get compensatory damages that include:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
In cases where the defendant’s conduct was especially reckless or callous, courts sometimes award punitive damages meant to punish the defendant and deter others from behaving similarly in the future.
The Shield Justice Team believes that victims of alleged nursing home abuse should receive compensation for losses.
Our network of attorneys are ready to support you.
IS THERE A CASE?
Answer a brief, private online questionnaire that asks for key details of the experience
Have the case evaluated by a legal team free of charge without any obligation to file
GET STARTED NOW
Depending on the circumstances, the case could be filed for potential compensation
Please seek the advice of a medical professional before making health care decisions. This advertisement is not associated with any government agency.
www.shieldjusticeteam.com is the property of Shield Legal LLC. 1530 Faraday Ave, Suite 200 Carlsbad, CA 92008
This website is not part of the Facebook website or Facebook, Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, INC.
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. This Website is not intended to provide medical advice. Consult your doctor or physician before starting or stopping any medication.
Discontinuing a prescribed medication without your doctor’s advice can result in injury or death. are not an indication of future results. Every case is evaluated on its own facts and circumstances. Valuation depends on facts, injuries, jurisdiction, venue, witnesses, parties, and testimony, among other factors. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Shield Justice Team does not itself provide legal services. Cases will be referred to third party attorneys and law firms. Do not rely on this advertisement in making any medical decision. Please call your physician before making any medical decision, including altering your use of any drug. Court costs and case expenses may be the responsibility of the client. Not available in all states. This advertisement is not intended as a testimonial, endorsement or dramatization, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, either expressed or implied. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyers' credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13("Children").
© 2021 Shield Justice Team. All Rights Reserved