Time is Limited - Act Now
An Overview of the Storm Leading Up To Submitted Hurricane Ida Damage Claims
On the afternoon of August 29, 2021, Hurricane Ida made landfall that caused extreme flooding and extensive structural damage to properties along a path that stretched along Louisiana’s coastal towns and cities, including Grand Isle, LaPlace, Houma, Golden Meadow, Galliano, and several others.
Hurricane Ida is the second strongest hurricane to hit Louisiana after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in 2005–with 150 mph winds that caused extensive damage, tearing the roofs off of homes and businesses.
Other details of damage reported by Hurricane Ida survivors include:
- The most extensive structural damage was located in Galliano, Houma, and Jefferson Parish
- Millions of residents in both New Orleans and the French Quarter were left without power
- Most levees held up for the most part, save for a few of the smaller ones that spilled over causing rampant flooding
After the storm finally died down, millions of residents counted on their homeowner’s policies and flood insurance policies for help repairing, rebuilding, or relocating.
The Steps To Take To Prepare To File Hurricane Damage Claims
Here’s a quick list of what to do to help in preparing a claim for hurricane damage with the insurance company:
- Be aware of the home insurance policy. This includes deductibles, covered property types, and how to file a claim in the event of a storm.
- Evaluate adding flood insurance protection to the policy. Many coastal states don’t include flood insurance in the standard homeowners insurance policy–so adding one can be a good idea.
- Document photo and video damage evidence of property. This is the undeniable evidence of home and property damage that the insurance company should reimburse.
- Make essential and temporary repairs–but not permanent ones. Repairs that prevent additional damage from occurring are good to make, but hold off on making major repairs until directed by an insurance adjuster.
- File a homeowners insurance claim immediately after the storm. After meeting with a qualified attorney, file a claim as soon as possible to avoid the rush and make sure to include everything in your claim as required by your home state.
We believe that victims of major storms and their families should be able to get the compensation and justice they deserve from insurance companies that try to get out of the payouts that they owe.
Our network of attorneys are ready to support you.
IS THERE A CASE?
Answer a brief, private online questionnaire that asks for key details of the experience
Have the case evaluated by a legal team free of charge without any obligation to file
GET STARTED NOW
Depending on the circumstances, the case could be filed for potential compensation
Please seek the advice of a medical professional before making health care decisions. This advertisement is not associated with any government agency.
www.shieldjusticeteam.com is the property of Shield Legal LLC. 1530 Faraday Ave, Suite 200 Carlsbad, CA 92008
This website is not part of the Facebook website or Facebook, Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, INC.
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. This Website is not intended to provide medical advice. Consult your doctor or physician before starting or stopping any medication.
Discontinuing a prescribed medication without your doctor’s advice can result in injury or death. are not an indication of future results. Every case is evaluated on its own facts and circumstances. Valuation depends on facts, injuries, jurisdiction, venue, witnesses, parties, and testimony, among other factors. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Shield Justice Team does not itself provide legal services. Cases will be referred to third party attorneys and law firms. Do not rely on this advertisement in making any medical decision. Please call your physician before making any medical decision, including altering your use of any drug. Court costs and case expenses may be the responsibility of the client. Not available in all states. This advertisement is not intended as a testimonial, endorsement or dramatization, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, either expressed or implied. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyers' credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13("Children").
© 2021 Shield Justice Team. All Rights Reserved